Was just wondering about something...
If I recalled precisely, last time during pendidikan moral there was one nilai murni called "Toleransi antara kaum" or something like that. To me it just sounds so WRONG.....
They should change it into "Menerima antara satu sama lain". This is not about difference in races.. It applies to all. I'm just taking the nilai moral as an example.
According to dictionary: (of course there are many meanings to a single word...I select the one that i relevant here)
Accept:
be welcoming to somebody: to treat somebody as a member of a group or social circle
Tolerate:
endure something: to withstand the unpleasant effects of something
See the difference?
Why tolerate when you can accept? Our kids should be educated to accept each another...not to tolerate each other. How can true forgiveness comes into the picture when all the while I am tolerating with someone? I can only truly forgive when I accept the person for who he is. Because I do not want to reject him I decide to tolerate. Tolerate in another word is being patient. & we can only be patient over something ugly. Otherwise it's passion not patience. The borderline between acceptance & rejection is tolerance.
If again I recalled correctly, there was an element of tolerating each other when "a certain country" was fighting over her own independence & during the construction of her constitution.. Race A & B & C...etc have to tolerate each other on some terms of nationality & rights. & until now....see what happens when it's toleration & not acceptance? Tolerate over something "unpleasant" in each other...bersabar...bersabar...no wonder the "certain issue" still exist even after half century of "freedom". Btw those who WERE there that time are almost half "departed". The new "flame bearer" knows nothing about the past..they were just being educated the wrong way by those who were there last time.
Even among friends or family members.....or even in church. Because of some unforgiveness issue, "zealous" persons were missing in action. I think that if we don't get our own heart fixed right before God about this acceptance & forgiveness, it's pointless even if I become very "holy & spiritual". It's just faking. Tolerating is a fake version of acceptance. Tolerating is just a form of polite-rejection & partial acceptance.
Do not tolerate. Accept.
7 comments:
Accept? Think again.
Read this : http://www.utusan.com.my/utusan/info.asp?y=2009&dt=0415&pub=Utusan_Malaysia&sec=Muka_Hadapan&pg=mh_01.htm
Thats what happen when they do not accept others in past...juz tolerate becoz cant accept...effect is seen now.
a thought-provoking post...
u copy from where jeremy?
google search and copy?
i tot u only noe how to play ps2
Mel....copy from what? All sendiri lah,....
Tolerance=patience in letting that other person continue doing wrong without correcting him or her=ignorance to help improve other people that we can she but that person cant see of his or her own mistakes
from my opinion, accept comes together with tolerance. once u can accept that person tolerance comes in too then comes honesty n correcting.
but in life, the correcting part is difficult as some can accept n some wont. we need to know that person b4 the correcting part can be done. don't u agree?
but to be a better person in life, correcting is essential to teach u how to relate properly to ppl ard u n not emo tak tentu pasal. U will live to REGRET that very much later. don't always think u r right n superior. Psalm 34:2b says "..the humble shall hear of it and be glad.." . Proverbs 29:17 says " correct your son, and he will give u rest". d whole chapter of Proverbs 29 is good to help u understand y we need to correct bros n sis ard us with love. :)
just as God accept each n everyone of us for who we r. our imperfections shall be made perfect in His love.
great post for this one bro!
keep up the good work!
XD~~
Thx "Anonymous"...I know who u r..hehe..juz nxt time plz put ur name..or at least ur nick...
Post a Comment