What is friend for? One of the common answer is "be there for you". I strongly agree in this.
(all this is based on what I think ok? haha)
When a friend finds me or ask for my "counsel & advice" I always have the idea of instead talking so much I make them speak more so that I can lengthen the sharing time. For me it's not all about the suggestions or words that I said. It's more to the time & presence for being with him/her at those moments. The actual fact is people already have the answers in their heart. What they want is support & company from friend. Example, when X finds me for sharing his problems, he already know his situation the best. All I can say is based on my experience & standing on this matter. I'm not even in his situation. Am I really qualified to speak for him? NO!. For me it's more about me knowing he is in something, he is facing something, he has something in his mind. My presence with him that matters, just to be there with him. At least someone acknowledge his issue.
Other people's words won't really change a person's decision. It just either encourages or discourages the decision. I do really agree with someone who shares this with me "flip a coin, & before you grab the coin, whatever your hearts want it to be tail or head, that's the desire of your heart, no need to look a the result of the coin". Most of the time people just wanna seek for approval & supports.
It's not really about words spoken. Instead sometimes I found out that during such sessions, there's a need to remain silent once a while to stop talking, & just be still. I found the best moment after all the talking is just be there with him/her...in silence. I'd experienced it. The quality time spent together in silence acknowledging each others presence. Sitting together in car not talking but radio on, or watch midnight sky, or stars, or watching cars travel left right on main road, or just silence in classroom looking at each other smiling without words spoken, or a pat on shoulder & nothing else after that, etc. It creates a better effect than fully talking about the issue.
Remain silent with each other after talking, take time to just rest & don't dwell in the issue. What matters is that friend is there with you. The action & love of a friend speaks even better to comfort the person than words of advice. Just spend time, for time is a irreplaceable asset for anyone, most valuable of all things that I can share with others. This is love.
Isn't it the same with God? How to treat God as best friend?
I found out also that instead of telling God & complaining to Him all my issues, I should just rest in silence with His presence. I do not to speak so much, He already knows what I'm facing. He cares for me, this I know. He loves me, also I know. By knowing all this, it's better to just let His love comfort me instead of releasing all things hoping for some "revelations" to comfort me.
Instead of waiting for some vision or dream or voice to tell me what should I do, I should focus on the Truth that He is Immanuel. I never get any specific "what-to-do-guide" from God but I only get His promises reminding me of His faithfulness & love to me. Which is better? A one time solution for a problem, or an everlasting eternal presence of the Almighty One? The next time I approach God I will come with heart to just be in His presence in silence, not with the intention to carry "petition of requests & complains" to Him.
1 comment:
aiya... sorry la yer... i tertekan those 3 options...
Post a Comment