I noticed this in my university life. No offence guys. As I said, If you can't take it, then don't even atempt to read my blog.
Most (NOT ALL) Chinese that studied in Chinese school during their primary & secondary seems to be a bit racist, only mixing with their so-called "orang sendiri". Meanwhile those who studied in "Sekolah Kebangsaan" seems to have no problems mixing with other races at all.
Everone knows that, it's pointless to say much. But what I wanna emphasis here is the reason what made me decide to voice it out.
There was once a proposal to establish "Kelab Biologi" for my course. There's a meeting to discuss on what to do if it really came to real. Of course like most public universities, it's all mostly participated by Malays. What I see was saddening to me. The SK types volunteeringly participated while those SJKC type all are MISSING IN ACTION. WHat is in the minds of UNIVERSITY STUDENTS that people say has the better mentalitycompared to others?
It seems the MALAYS are even more MALAYSIAN (not MALAYsian, really MALAYSIAN) than the SJKC peoples. Somehow I sensed those SJKC peoples has this "superior" attitude, refusing to mix with others...(faham-faham lah what I meant).
Another incident that also frustates me happens in SUKSIS when new juniors are coming in & we are supposed to get new members. I was asked to find more Chinese members. One of my friend told me that some when asked why refuse to join is because they don't wanna play togather with the XXXXX's people. What is wrong with them? See the ego there?
When I was working for my industrial training at MARDI Serdang, we had "jamuan" occasionally. One of the RA praised my because eventhough I was a Chinese, I can eat without using fork & sppon togather with them & I can take Malay foods easily & even join in the "jamuan kecil". I was shocked at that time. Not to boast myself, actually what's so great with this? Then I realized something. There's another student at the opposite lab (Chinese) did not join in. Eventhough she refused politely, I can sense it's because of the "Chinese ego".
What is wrong with Chinese students nowadays? Too egoistic? Think they are too great with their super high CGPA of 4.0 yet has no skill to communicate with other races? I myself being a CHinese seriously disagree with their "HOLIER THAN THOU" attitude.
If you say I'm being naive, I would say you too ridiculous fighting over some one-player war which nobody cares anymore. Most racist people are from traditional family. The new ones are not. See the pattern? Why carry the burdern & remorse from your grand grand grand g g g g ........ parents racism issue which will not serve any better purpose in your life?
God bless the readers....
5 comments:
When u all got kelab biologi meeting, i dunno wan??? Waaa...abandoned Botany majoring student hor!!!!!
not only chinese has chinese ego...malay oso has malay ego...depends if we wanna fight for the rights to be Malaysian or just sit and grumble about the unfairness.....
Mocha: We had a meeting last year to discuss on activities & AJK's if the club really did get established. It was actually our FST dean's idea. I fully support it because I personally think we as universit student should not just stick with our own small group & should participate more in multi racial activity. But due to no participation by "some"....it never came to real... Ask the Botany Malay students. Maybe they heard of it last time but never tell you. Hahaha.
Corine: Yup I do agree that Malay too has their ego. But I see that only traditional Malays has it. I have a few really Modern & "boleh buat kerja betul-betul" type Malay friends. I don't sense the ego or racism issue in them. Basically the racism issues were "fired up" by the politicians which is SELFISH for personal gain. I believe the "rakyat" (including Malays) don't want all this problems to happen but the politicians keep on highlighting this matter... Blame the top brass.
"your friend praised you because you can eat without fork and spoon, and can eat the spicy food easily"
Do you think they are not catering for other people who don't eat with hand? sometimes it's not because chinese don't mix with malay or so, sometimes it's different culture that people are not comfortable with.
at the same time, to bridge the difference, as a person who can mix with other races, you take the bigger responsibility in bringing different races together via mamak, makan, discussion, games, etc. So you know what you can do now in your last semester. God bless.
Very well said bro. That's why it's always proper (especially if you're organising something) to always pray and ask God for wisdom so that when you prepare, you think of others as well. I'm proud of you for making a difference in your workplace. :)
Post a Comment